This toolkit will be useful for any programme that wishes to measure the extent to which it is providing services equitably using the wealth index. With this toolkit, you will be able to implement a client survey. This will give you data about your clients which you can use to determine how many of them fall into each wealth quintile in the population. We have pre-prepared the following tools:
- survey guidelines – the website you are looking at, which you can also download in PDF form (PDF version will be created once all the content is signed off)
- workplan template – an excel file to help organise the whole survey process
- questionnaire – one for each country
- sampling tool – an excel tool that will create the sample for you
- data collection team training guidelines – a powerpoint template
- data entry and analysis tool – an Epi Info data entry tool and analysis tool (to be completed once we have the factor weights)
In other words, almost everything you will need in order to measure equity is in this toolkit. This guidance document and the online training series will help guide anyone, even those without a research background, to gather and analyse the data needed.